DATA PROTECTION POLICY
The protection of your personal data is very important to us. MK-MED Medizintechnik AG ("MK-MED") is committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the legal requirements of the Swiss Data Protection Act.
If you use our services or contact us, you may provide us with your personal information. This data allows us to identify you as an individual (e.g. by name, email address, postal address, telephone number, or IP address). This data is generally referred to as "personal data".
1. Scope and acceptance
2. Types and purposes of data processing
Personal data is processed on paper and in electronic form in accordance with organizational and security requirements in accordance with applicable laws.
We process data (such as your name, surname, address, telephone number, information about your purchase transactions, etc.) collected about you, including on the Internet via websites, for the following purposes:
- Contractual purposes: to manage the sale of our products and to provide sales and customer services (including, for example, fraud prevention, returns, warranties and customer support) and, in connection with online activities, to manage the services offered on our websites, including the processing of inquiries on your part.
- Legal Purposes: Compliance with legal and regulatory obligations.
- Advertising purposes: Sending advertising messages by electronic means or in the form of printed material for the promotion of our brands, services and/or products, as well as the performance of market analyses and the collection of statistics, provided that you have given your consent.
- Legitimate interests associated with advertising purposes: Your data with regard to the scope of expenditure, product category, place of purchase and date of birth may be processed in order to be able to offer you services tailored to your needs.
3. Collection of technical data
When you visit our website, we collect so-called technical data about you:
- Server log files
- Our website provider automatically collects and stores information that your browser automatically transmits to us in so-called server log files. These include:
- The IP address
- Browser type and browser version
- Operating system used
- The website from which access was made (referrer URL)
- Host name of the accessing computer
- Time of the server request
The data collected is used solely for statistical evaluations and to improve the website.
On our website, we use so-called "session cookies" to make it easier for you to use our websites. These are small text files stored on your hard drive only for the duration of your visit to our website and, depending on your browser settings, deleted when you exit the browser. These cookies do not retrieve any information about you stored on your hard drive and do not interfere with your computer or files. Most browsers are initially set to accept cookies automatically. You can deactivate cookie storage or set your browser so that it notifies you when cookies are sent. However, we would like to point out that blocking cookies can lead to restrictions in the functioning of our website.
5.1 Google Analytics
5.2 Social Media Plugins
This website includes plugins from various social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and Google. When accessing a website on which plugins from such third-party providers are placed, these plugins can automatically transmit data to the third-party providers. If the visitor is logged into the network of the respective third-party provider at the same time, the visit to the website can be assigned to their user account, depending on the provider.
To prevent the providers from assigning the data collected via our website directly to your profile in the respective service, log out of the respective service before visiting our website.
6. Disclosure of personal data by MK-MED
MK-MED does not share your personal data with third parties who intend to use it for direct marketing purposes unless you expressly allow us to do so. MK-MED may disclose your personal data to third parties in and outside Switzerland ("abroad") for other purposes, but only in the following circumstances:
6.1 Service Provider
MK-MED may engage service providers, agents or contractors domestically and internationally to provide services on MK-MED's behalf, including the administration of MK-MED websites and services available to you. These third parties may be able to access and process your personal data while providing these services.
6.2 Partners and joint actions
MK-MED may carry out a joint program or action with another company and, during your participation in the activity, collect and use your personal data. Your personal data will only be shared with other companies if you have agreed ("opt-in") to receive information directly from these companies. MK-MED recommends that you read the privacy statements of such companies before sharing personal information. If you do not wish your personal data to be collected by or shared with any company other than MK-MED, you may at any time decide not to participate in such activities. If you have agreed to communicate with such a company ("opt-in"), do not forget that you have the option of a revocation ("opt-out") at any time, but you must contact this company directly.
6.3 Legal provisions
MK-MED may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law, or if, in our best judgment, disclosure is appropriate and necessary to comply with a court order or to respond to, or even assert, legal claims.
7. Legal bases
MK-MED is based on the following legal bases for the processing of personal data:
- Fulfilment of a contract with the data subject or for pre-contractual measures at the data subject's request
- Legitimate interests (customer care and communication; getting to know customers and other people better; improving products and services; ensuring IT security, especially in connection with the use of websites)
- Requirement to comply with legislation
If this is necessary for the aforementioned purposes and/or in connection with certain processing operations, we will ask you for your express consent.
8. Your rights
In accordance with the applicable data protection regulations, you have the following rights when using the MK-MED website and services:
- Right to information: You have the right to obtain information about the personal data we process. To start the process, we require personal identification (e.g. passport, ID) together with the request. The data will be deleted again after the order has been processed.
- Right to rectification: You have the right to have inaccurate personal data concerning you rectified.
- Right to deletion: You have the right to request that all personal data concerning you be deleted, insofar as they are no longer required for the agreed purposes or we are not legally obliged to retain them.
- Right to restriction of processing: You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, for example, if they are no longer required for the purposes of the processing.
- Right to data portability You have the right to receive the personal data relating to you in a structured, common and machine-readable format.
- Right to revoke consent(s): You can revoke your consent to the processing of your personal data and to the use of the data for marketing purposes at any time, in part or in full, by performing the following activities:
- You can contact our customer service and inform us that you do not wish to further process your personal data in the future.
- You can tell our customer service that you want your customer account deleted.
- You can follow the link to unsubscribe in our newsletter and unsubscribe on the corresponding website. Please note that this is only a matter of unsubscribing from the newsletter.
The revocation of consent does not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until the revocation.
- Right to complain: You have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authorities regarding our processing of your personal data. In Switzerland, this is the Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (EDÖB). Contact information can be found on their website.
Note that you may still receive administrative communications from MK-MED even if you withdraw your consent to receive marketing communications. This may include order confirmations and account activity notifications (e.g. account confirmations and password changes).
9. Data security and storage
9.1 Data security
MK-MED takes appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data against manipulation, partial or complete loss and against unauthorized access by third parties. These are continuously improved in line with the technical development.
You should keep your access data confidential and close the browser window when you have finished your session, especially if your computer is also used by other people.
We also take data protection very seriously within MK-MED. Our employees and the service companies commissioned by us are obliged to maintain confidentiality and comply with all data protection regulations.
9.2 Duration of storage
Your personal data will be retained for as long as necessary for our purposes and/or as required by law. As long as the user agreement exists, your registered data will be retained. If you terminate the user agreement, your personal data will be deleted after the expiry of the statutory retention period.
Anonymized data (which cannot be linked to you as an individual and is therefore no longer personal data) may be stored for statistical purposes.
11. Links to other websites
We are neither responsible for the content nor for the data protection practices of linked or integrated websites.
12. Our contact information
MK-MED acts as a "data controller" for the personal data that MK-MED processes within the scope of this data protection notice. If you have any questions or comments regarding this data protection notice or MK-MED practices regarding the collection of personal data, please contact us at:
Mail to: MK-MED Medizintechnik AG, Industriezone Basper 33, CH-3942 Raron
Raron, September 2022